Just you

Waiting for a girl like you
Please log in to read the full chapter

So long
I've been looking too hard, I've waiting too long
Sometimes I don't know what I will find
I only know it's a matter of time
When you love someone
When you love someone
 

It feels so right, so warm and true
I need to know if you feel it too

 

Maybe I'm wrong
Won't you tell me if I'm coming on too strong
This heart of mine has been hurt before
This time I wanna be sure

 

I've been waiting for a girl like you
To come into my life
I've been waiting for a girl like you
A love that will survive
I've been waiting for someone new
To make me feel alive
Yeah, waiting for a girl like you
To come into my life

 

Naeun looked pleasantly surprised. She started swaying while Eunji sang with a gentle voice accompanied by the sweet melody of the guitar. After Eunji finished the song, she put aside the guitar and walked over to Naeun and sat down right in front of her. Closer than Naeun was expecting it seems as it made her blush in embarrassment or excitement. Eunji hoped it was the latter.

Normally Eunji would be thrilled by Naeun's reaction because she loved making her all flustered. She thought it was the cutest thing ever. But not today. She was so nervous about what she was about to do that she couldn't think straight. Taking a deep breath she gently grabbed Naeun's hands and pulled them into her lap.

"Oh" Naeun's word of surprise almost had her backing out of the whole thing. But she tried to calm herself down so she could get the words out she had been waiting to say for weeks now.

"Please listen to the whole thing first without asking questions, ok?" She said softly feeling like her heart was about to beat right out her chest.

                                                                                              ~

"Tell me quickly you're starting to make me nervous unnie." The excitement Naeun had felt when Eunji took her hands had quickly made way for worry at Eunji's serious expression.

"Naeun-ah" Eunji said in a soft husky voice. "I thought about this for a long time. I know we both tried to fight it but I can't deny this any longer." Eunji kept caressing Naeun's hands that were still in her lap. The gesture coupled with her husky words made Naeun's  heart start beating faster.

Eunji let out a deep sigh and finally lifted her head and looked Naeun in the eyes. "I like you Son Naeun. I like you like you. I don't see you as the center of Apink, or as my dongsaeng anymore. I see you as the beautiful young woman that you have become. I don't know how or when this started. I just know that I want to be with you. "

For a couple of minutes, Eunji's words seemed to linger in the air as neither of them moved or said anything.

"Unnie, I.." Naeun didn't know what to say. When Eunji asked her to come for a picnic, receiving a confession didn't even cross her mind. However, she couldn't lie to herself and pretend she hadn't been feeling this connection between them. Preferring denial, she had convinced herself Eunji was just being nice to her like the other members and tried to fight the growing feeling in her heart. That had been hard considering the amount of time they had been spending together since the promotions of Mr. Chu started. Naeun had thought that tonight was just like any other time they hung out. But Eunji confessing to her was the last thing she'd expected to happen.

"It's ok Naeun-ah. I know you might be surprised. I don't want to pressure you into doing or saying something you're not ready for. I just wanted you to know. Just think about it, ok? I'll wait for you." Her sincerity almost brought Naeun to tears. What was she supposed to say to that? She hadn't even come to terms with her own feelings, only to learn that Eunji had feelings for her as well? When did her life become a kdrama?

Being an inherently rational person Naeun knew she should take some time away from Eunji and think about this situati

Please log in to read the full chapter